- Making a Corporate Safety Plan for a ten year period (2014-2024).
- Elimination of 10797 level crossings during the 12th Plan and no addition of new LCs to the IR system henceforth.
- Introduction of Train Protection Warning System on Automatic Signalling Systems.
- Rigorous trials of the indigenously developed Train Collision Avoidance System.
- Using 60 kg rails, 260 meter long welded rail panels and improved flash butt welding technology.
- Introduction of 160/200 kmph Self Propelled Accident Relief Trains.
- Induction of crash worthy LHB coaches with anti-climb feature.
- Rehabilitation of identified 17 distressed bridges over next one year.
- Provision of comprehensive fire and smoke detection systems.
- Provision of portable fire extinguishers in Guard-cum-Brake Vans, AC Coaches and Pantry Cars in all trains.
- Use of fire retardant furnishing materials in coaches.
- Measures initiated to deal with elephant related accidents.
- Four companies of women RPF personnel set up and another 8 to be set up to strengthen the security of rail passengers, especially women passengers.
- Recruitment to RPF with 10% vacancies reserved for women.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Indian Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal presented the Railway Budget of 2013-2014.It is very happy to hear that railway will take some advanced steps for women safety. Railway decided to give 10% reservation for women in RPF ( Railway Protection Force) and also decided to increase the number of women in RPF.Corporate safety plan proposed in the Budget. In the Budget Railway decided to take more safety measures to control the accident rate including elephant corridor safety.
Measures for improving Safety and Security
I know all of them keep on searching a site that will give live status of the train running other than call to the help line. Yes its poss...
What is IRCTCmobile? IRCTC mobile allows you to perform various ticketing related services through your mobile phone. This service is ava...
Real Train Information System :: Satellite Imaging for Rail Navigation (SIMRAN) Do you know now we can track the train train running st...
Indian Railways announced a new invention of identifying the live online train status from the Google Maps by the help of Indian Railways...
Indian Railways Train Timetable Changed Indian Railways train time table revision announced from July 1, 2012. This revision include al...
Indian Railways :: Seat Availability :: Now so easy Now we can check all the trains starting from the important station in one strech via ...
Tatkal Ticket Booking Time Changed :: July 10 - 2012 Indian railways announced that will revise the Tatkal ticket booking time changed...
TRAINS / FARE / ACCOMMODATION AVAILABILITY BETWEEN IMPORTANT STATIONS Now we can check the trains / fare / accommodation checking is so easy...
BULLET TRAINS IN INDIA : The Fastest Train Service In India As of 2010, India does not have any high-speed rail lines capable of suppor...
IRCTC BETA ONLINE BOOKING SITE Wow you know now IRCTC official online booking website is looking like exiting. It was more faster than ...