- Common rail-bus ticket to be introduced for Katra-Vaishnodevi pilgrims
- New train Azadi Express to places linked with the freedom struggle to be introduced, fares to be concessional
- Internet booking to be provided from 0030 hours to 2330 hours
- Internet booking to be strengthened with next-generation e-ticketing system to eliminate delays
- Special A/C coaches ‘Anubhuti’, to be introduced in select Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains to give excellent ambiance with commensurate fare
- Railways will use Aadhar data base for bookings and validation of passengers
- SMS alert service being rolled out shortly to intimate passengers about reservation status
- Free wi-fi facility to be provided in select trains
- Plan to allow e-ticketing via mobile phones
- Railway committed to bring marked change in passenger amenities
- Aim to eliminate 31,846 level crossings
- Identification of 104 stations for up gradation in places with more than one million population and of religious significance
- Railways to set up six more Rail Neer bottling plants
- 10% reservation for women in RPF
- Presence of women in RPF to go up
- Plan for elephant corridor safety
- Corporate safety plan propose
- Railway safety fund inadequate
- Fall in accidents — per million accidents down from .41 to .13
- There has been significant drop in train accidents
- Rs. 95,000 crore shortfall, meeting this shortfall will mean a paradigm shift
- Rs 1 lakh crore to be raised from public-private partnership, Rs 1.05 lakh crore through internal resources in the 12th Plan.
- 12th Plan railway size to be Rs 5.19 lakh crore, with gross budgetary support of Rs 1.94 lakh crore
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Indian Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal presented the Railway Budget of 2013-2014. It is very happy to hear that railway will take some advanced steps related to services provided to the passengers in the trains.
I know all of them keep on searching a site that will give live status of the train running other than call to the help line. Yes its poss...
Real Train Information System :: Satellite Imaging for Rail Navigation (SIMRAN) Do you know now we can track the train train running st...
What is IRCTCmobile? IRCTC mobile allows you to perform various ticketing related services through your mobile phone. This service is av...
Indian Railways announced a new invention of identifying the live online train status from the Google Maps by the help of Indian Railways...
Indian Railways announced a new Train Enquiry System called Nation Train Enquiry System website. As per latest announcement this website r...
Indian Railways Train Timetable Changed Indian Railways train time table revision announced from July 1, 2012. This revision include al...
Indian Railways :: Seat Availability :: Now so easy Now we can check all the trains starting from the important station in one strech via ...
Tatkal Ticket Booking Time Changed :: July 10 - 2012 Indian railways announced that will revise the Tatkal ticket booking time changed...
TRAINS / FARE / ACCOMMODATION AVAILABILITY BETWEEN IMPORTANT STATIONS Now we can check the trains / fare / accommodation checking is so easy...
Indian Railways Train Timetable Changed Indian Railways train time table revision announced from July 1, 2013. This revision include al...
Interesting Blogs For Reading
SECUNDERABAD - NIZAMUDDIN :: PREMIUM SPECIAL TRAINS - *South Central railways* announced new premium special trains between Secuderabad and Nizamuddin to avoid extra rush of passengers during the season. Follo...